Today’s hacking is about getting hands on with some of the automation artifacts provided to help you deploy Enterprise Scale quickly and consistently.
It does not matter which tooling is used to implement Enterprise Scale. It is far more important that the end result matches the architecture, adheres to the five principles and covers the eight critical design areas than how you get there, and most organisations will already have their own preferred automation tools.
Today hacking give you the choice of paths to explore:
- Official Terraform module
- AzOps ARM CI/CD tooling
Day 3 Challenge
The primary objective is to build out the architecture using the Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and (optionally) CI/CD tool of your choice.
- Implement a canary management group branch
- You can combine this with the primary objective if you want to retain the manually deployed system for comparison
- Implement a branch protection strategy to control changes to production
- Implement a subscription vending machine
- You can mock up the subscription creation rather than using the real APIs
- Official module - recommended
- Community module - management groups
- Community module - policy definitions
- Subscription vending machine - community CI/CD pipeline
- aztfmod - complete and opinionated CAF solution, not 100% ES aligned
Help us improve
Azure Citadel is a community site built on GitHub, please contribute and send a pull requestMake a change