Many of you will be familiar with the custom script extension, and will be pleased to hear that these are also supported on your Windows and linux Arc-enabled servers.
Use the extension via the portal to add some software to one of the Windows servers.
- Copy the example custom script
- Add adobereader to the list of chocolatey packages
- Add to your arcpilotsa<uniq> storage account
- container: powershell
- blob: custom_script_windows.ps1
- Run the Custom Script Extension on win-01 via the portal
- Where can you see the version of the extension?
- Where is the installation logging?
- Where would you check for script errors?
- Where was the script downloaded to?
- Where would you check the status?
- use a PowerShell, CLI command or ARM template to run the script on win02 and win03
- Windows Server Custom Script Extension with Azure Arc enabled servers (video)
- Chocolatey packages
- Manage extensions with CLI
- Manage extensions with PowerShell
- Manage extensions using ARM template
- Custom script extension on linux
- Custom script extension on Windows
You’re on the home straight! Just managed identities to go, and that is a guided lab.
Help us improve
Azure Citadel is a community site built on GitHub, please contribute and send a pull requestMake a change